1. The surface of the sun has got nothing on Orlando. Seriously, I had sweat running down the back of my legs because my bootie was sweating.
2. Older ladies or men (no discrimination here) in rented scooters navigating through huge crowds is a recipe for disaster. About a dozen times, I narrowly avoided becoming road kill due to these elderly drag racers.
3. If Disney puts it on a T-shirt, someone will buy it—like this little beauty I bought for my son.
4. My children hover too much. They kept stepping on the back of my sandals, causing the Velcro to fly open (painful, yes) and me to literally walk out of my shoes. My mantra became: DO NOT walk behind mom!
5. The best way to take the fight out of my feisty kids is to dehydrate them, stick them on the surface of the sun (see #1) and force them to walk 20,000 steps per day (thank you fit bit for tracking our torture). They did all of this with surprisingly little complaining for the promise of a 3-minute ride every hour—amazing!
6. Watching your kids in Jedi robes on-stage fighting Darth Vader is truly the BEST thing EVER!!
7. Walt Disney had it right. Life is so full of responsibility—work, school, cooking, cleaning. We all need to remember how to play, dream and imagine more. It’s good for the soul (at Disney, though, not so good on the bank account).
When was the last time you went to Disney? How was your experience? Tell me what your plans are for the summer to play and relax?