I love a great many things about Crevice, not the least of which is that it’s my first book baby to be published. As I celebrate its release to the world tomorrow (August 23rd), I thought I’d list for you a few of the things I adore about it:
- Two parallel stories, the modern-day treasure hunt and the historical life of the Dutchman
- The challenge of recreating someone’s life who died 100 years ago and making it relevant today
- Doing the research for the setting—the Superstition Mountains of Arizona are an amazing testament to God’s majesty
- The main character’s journey is one of accepting God’s unconditional forgiveness, something I think is difficult for us all
- Often, the hunt for the Dutchman’s treasure has ended in tragedy, and I feel like this story is my way of honoring those who have died searching for the Lost Dutchman gold mine, and of course those who still live to hunt the treasure
I hope you get a chance to read my first release, and I’d love to know what you think. You can leave a review on Amazon or contact me directly at Janice@janiceboekhoff.com. The discounted price for the e-book ends tomorrow on release day, so if you want to pre-order and save a little, click here.